*1 Serrano Pepper cut into thirds
*4 cloves of Garlic
*1 2in piece of fresh Ginger, peeled and chopped
*1 Yellow onion, chopped
*6 tbl spoons of Canola or grapeseed oil
*2 teas. ground Corriander
*2 teas. ground Cumin
*1/2 teas ground Tumeric
*2 1/2 cups of no salt added canned diced tomatoes w/their juice (from a 28 oz Can)
*2 15oz cans of Chickpeas, rinsed
*2 teas Garam Masala
*optional- cilantro for garnish
1. Pulse serrano, garlic and ginger in a food processor until minced. Scrape down the sides and pulse again. Add onion; pulse until finely chopped, but not watery.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add coriander, cumin and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
3. Add coriander, cumin and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
4. Pulse tomatoes in the food processor until finely chopped. Add to the pan along with salt. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
5. Add chickpeas and garam masala, reduce heat to a gentle simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes more.
Serve topped with cilantro, if desired.
Zucchini Egg Cups
Give those old muffin pans a new purpose with this easy and delicious recipe for the whole family.
Ingredients: Zucchini Eggs
Cornmeal or flour (you can use gluten-free flour if desired)
Grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese
Parmesan cheese- TIP: You can add 1/2 teaspoon cumin, pizza seasoning, or Italian seasoning for extra flavor if desired.
1. Shred the zucchini and squeeze out as much of the liquid as you can.
2. Add to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Stir together.
3. Add to a greased muffin pan and bake 375 for 13-15mins Serve with your fav toppings- ketchup, salsa, guacamole if you like!
Roasted Butternut Squash
Ingredients: *1lb Butternut Squash, cut into 1in. cubes
*2tbls balsamic vinegar
*2tbls olive oil
*parmesan cheese to top
*salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400
2. Place the cubed butternut squash in a bowl and add the olive oil and Balsamic vinegar, pinch of salt if desired. stir.
3. Arrange the squash on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 mins.
4. Top squash with parmesan cheese and serve.